Nail Art: With Sharpies

11:43


Hi everyone,

So I had been wanting to do this nail art for ages but using nail polish it looked messy, until I thought about using sharpies as they are thin, colourful and permanent!

These are one of my favourite nail designs to wear so I thought I would show you it...


So you will need a white or light colour, I chose a Barry M Gelly in Coconut (now that I think of it maybe a Gelly isn't the best too use but I did and it's worked), and some Sharpie pens in whatever colours you fancy, I chose pink, yellow, purple, blue and a mint green, but i have had so many different colours they all work!























I began by applying a base coat and the applied the white(ish) nail polish, I did use two coats to thicken it up.

For the next step you may want to apply a top coat, I didn't but it may dry better and the pen may work better on the nails. I also suggest you wait an hour or two before applying the sharpie as they smudge the nail polish easily (as I found).


I then began to dot at the end of my nails, each finger a different colour, and then finally apply a top coat and you are done!



I love this nail design and my new love for sharpies on the nails has grown! You can do any design, doodle or pattern and its easy!

I have a few other nail art ideas that I want to show, so keep an eye out for more in this collection!

Lots of love, x

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is a really interesting idea! I'll have to try it out!

    www.makinglifeacamera.blogspot.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is so much less hassle than trying to get fine, little detail onto nails using nail polish!!

      Delete
  2. I never would've thought to use Sharpies for nail art, very creative!

    Tore | atinymew.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using sharpies! It is so much less messy than nail polish for the finer details!

      Delete
  3. This is so creative! I would of never of thought of using sharpies, I must give it a go!



    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it! It also adds colour onto your nails that you might not have in a nail polish!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images