NYX Matte Lip Cream | Review

07:50


Hey guys, long time no see (or post or whatever), I hope to be posting again now, I'm finally at a point I feel I can post again and I have some great ideas for up and coming posts. 

I recently purchased two Soft Matte Lip Creams from NYX, which I have seen to have been raved about for ages so I thought I had to try them. I bought them off the Boots website as no Boot's stores close to me sell NYX products so I ordered them to be delivered to store (free delivery that way!!)
I bought two nude shades as I wanted to play it safe since I was ordering them online and I also felt I needed to add towards my nude collection. So here they are:
P.S: Apologies for the lighting changes, my bad. 

The left is Stockholm and the right is Cannes. These were £5.50 each from Boots. I was quite worried about the texture of these because I have quite dry lips so matte lipsticks aren't always the best choice, but I was pleasantly surprised by how nice these applied and they felt really smooth and hydrating when first applied. However, I do recommend exfoliating your lips first (and don't hold me to this but I read that the darker colours crack on dry lips more and are more visible, just to warn you guys. So for exfoliation, I use the Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum, it smells amazing and does the job perfectly! 
Once applied they do turn matte (obviously) but still feel light and nice on the lips and I was very surprised at how the product looked on my lips.
Another thing I LOVE about these is definitely the smell, it smells like cake batter (it smells better than that sounds, smell it for yourself and you won't be disappointed!) 
One downside is that it doesn't last all day, and you have to reapply half way through the day, but we don't panic because I think the advantages outweigh this disadvantage and I DEFINITELY recommend these lip creams!

Cannes

Cannes is a more pink colour of the two, it is such a pretty colour for an everyday look or you could wear it for a night out if you wanted a more simple lip colour.

Stockholm

Stockholm is definitely a more nude colour, great for a really nice nude lip, which is great for all different looks.


Both of these are now my favourite lip products at the moment and for £5.50, the quality of the application, the look of it and the smell, are great! and I would definitely recommend the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream's everyone!

Do you have any or could recommend any? Let me know what you think

Lots of love, x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These are such lovely colours! They look really similar to the collection ones and I love them x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might have to try them out sometime then! I love my NYX ones so much! x

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images